About Virginia Tech Pesticide Programs
Virginia Tech Pesticide Programs (VTPP) is part of the Department of Entomology in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech. We serve the citizens of Virginia in partnership with Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) and the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Office of Pesticide Services.
VTPP is committed to environmental protection and public safety associated with the use of pesticides and agricultural chemicals.
VTPP offers pest managers and the public information on pesticides, pesticide safety, pest management, educational opportunities, and related services. Pesticide applicators rely on us for regulatory information and certification training. We also assist VCE agents with pesticide safety education programming, and teach undergraduate and graduate courses at Virginia Tech.
Our primary goals include:
- Protecting human health and the environment from pesticide hazards.
- Enhancing educational opportunities for pesticide applicators and the public.
- Supporting the network of pesticide safety educators in Virginia and beyond.
- Improving public awareness and understanding of integrated pest management (IPM), and its economic, health, and environmental benefits.
- Assisting consumers with questions about the use and impact of pesticides in their everyday lives.
- Supporting and developing youth scientific literacy programs.
- Providing objective, science-based support to state and federal regulators.
For more information on the history of VTPP, please visit: (LINK TBA)
|Timothy McCoy||Extension Associate|
|Rachel Parson||Extension Associate|
|Michael Weaver||Professor Emeritus|
|Stephanie B. Wycoff||Extension Associate|
||Publication Manager and Public Relations|
|Jacqueline Brown||Online Education Support Specialist|
|Grant Schiermeyer||Live Zoo Curator|
|Shanan Sessor||Office Manager|
|Whitney Weaver||Media Specialist and Science Literacy Program Coordinator|
302 Agnew Hall (MC 0409)
460 West Campus Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061